Rapper LIL WAYNE has defended marijuana - confessing he still uses the illegal drug for medicinal purposes. The rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., has been arrested twice in the past three years on drug possession charges, with the most recent arrest coming in January 2008. Click Here For More...

But, during a pre-Grammy Awards TV special, the hip-hop superstar revealed he still smokes marijuana to help combat migraines "that make me wanna just kill myself".

He adds, "I will stand up for marijuana any day... I'm a rapper. That’s who I am... and I am a gangster and I do what I want. And I love to smoke. And I smoke."

However, the Lollipop hitmaker insists he has weened himself off his other vice - the potentially fatal mix of codeine and promethazine, otherwise known in the hip-hop community as 'syrup'.

He says, "Im not addicted to it anymore."

0 comments