Akon and T-Pain have joined Nate Dogg as the Hip-Hop hook kings of all time, although Akon doesn’t think Nate Dogg compares to T-Pain and himself. Click Here For More...
“I mean it depends on what you consider to be a hook man,” Akon tells sources. “Nate, I don’t think he’s any competition to what we’re doing right now. The West Coast, which was incredibly hot, there wasn’t nobody touching Nate Dogg at that time. I was around at that time. It wasn’t no getting through them doors.” Akon did give Nate Dogg his props saying “Nate had it locked down, but I think as time started changing, I slowly took over because I came with more than just a hook. I came and gave you the song itself. When you came to Akon for a record, you’ll get the record, you’ll get the track, you’ll get the song and the concept for it.” So who’s the best of all time? Akon says that belongs to T-Pain. “If I had to give it personally to anybody, I would give it to T-Pain.”"I always looked at him as someone that can add a lot of color to someone’s record. I do it a lot of different ways, but I’m always thinking business when I’m doing it. Pain is doing it for the fun of it. I strategize differently. I do it according to what territories I need to take over. Pain does it just cause he loves to do it.”

0 comments