Janet Talk Def Jam Split

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 | | 0 comments »

Janet Jackson has revealed the final straw that ended her relationship with Def Jam -- 'Sade'.. Click Here For More...

While the legendary singer Sade has nothing to do with the split, Janet says "They wanted me to sound more like Sade."

That is when Janet says she gave them the final "feedback": "I'm not ready for that just yet."

"I love doing dance songs and I think my fans expect that of me."

Jackson recently canceled her tour after months of disastrous cancellations, postponements and the departure of her leading man LL Cool J.

Moving forward with her career, Jackson told Sister 2 Sister Magazine " I have been getting more behind the scenes with film and television. I will probably continue to do music and acting is still a strong passion of mine."

Jackson, now without a recording contract, is rumored to be considering a Live Nation deal, following in the footsteps of Jay-Z, who inked a deal with the touring company earlier this year.

0 comments