"You know what they say, third time's the charm. And I believe it - it's my favorite number," says ex-Ruff Ryder 1st lady Eve Jeffers. Re-launching Fetish clothing for the third time, she looks for success in the Hip Hop clothing industry during these rough times in the US economy. Click Here For More...

Eve's Fetish clothing line is under new direction. Eve told reporters that before, she was just the face of her Fetish Hip-Hop clothing brand, where as now she will not endorse a design she can't appreciate personally. Eve also says Fetish is targeting a more mature audience that can work in versatile environments.

"I would actually wear the new Fetish collection. I actually have this in my closet," Eve said to press at the launch of her line. The rapper admits, the clothing designed before was not even something she would wear.

For the new Fetish, Eve partnered with Chris Laurita, the president and CEO of Fetish/Signature Apparel Group. They will work together in producing a Fetish collection of skinny jeans, soft burnout T-shirts, sweatshirts and sequined party dresses.

Still not the actual Fetish line designer herself, Eve did have a hand in picking designers for her new collection. Not able to do design Fetish herself, the Hip Hop artist, Hollywood actress, and model says she does make time to review what the fashion designer ideas before production. Managing the line personally, Eve says "It feels good when I see other people in it Or if my friends are like, 'Let me get that jacket.'"

"I don't want this line to be about what album is coming out, or what movie is coming out, or what single is out right now - I want it to have legs of its own," continued the multi-platinum selling recording artist. Looking to build her line for longevity, the rapper says Fetish is reborn completely and she plans to sell the designs, not her image or name.

0 comments