The spotlight is on Jennifer Hudson over at Ebony and Jet magazines, the Academy Award-winning star covers both this week's Jet and November's issue of Ebony. Click Here For More...

"I like who I am and the way I am" says Hudson in the new issue of JET where she discusses staying true to herself despite Hollywood pressures and her fiance.

Surprised on her birthday, Hudson says "I didn't know what to expect" of the engagement to former 'I Love New York' participant David Otunga known as 'Punk.'

According to the "Spotlight" singer he took her to a beach, blindfolded her and put a purple shovel in her hand. He then took off her blindfold and said, 'your birthday gift is around here, you have to dig through the sand to find it.'

In related news, Jennifer Hudson returns to the big screen this weekend as her fourth film, The Secret Life of Bees, hits theaters.

Joining Alicia Keys and Queen Latifah, Hudson says "The more work I do, the more comfortable I get. I'm finding my comfort zone."

The latest issues of Ebony and Jet are on newsstands now.

0 comments