R&B singer Montell Jordan has issued the first single from his forthcoming album "Let It Rain," due in stores in October.

"Let It Rain," Jordan's seventh studio album and first since 2005's "Life After Def" becomes his first album under a new deal with Fontana/Universal. Click Here For More...


Led by the recently premiered single "Not No More (video below)," a soulful return with R&B singer Cignature, Jordan says "you will not be disappointed in this new project."

As previously reported on Singersroom, Jordan says "Let It Rain" is his most personal effort to date.

"In the past, I had written a lot about external situations. I always worried about what my audience wanted to hear. For the first time I didn't go outside my own life for the narrative."

Powerful songs on the album like the lead single "Not No More" and "Left Alone" are personal experiences that the "This Is How We Do It" singer has gone through.

"On 'Left Alone,' I'm talking about the music business and how I felt after being in it so long, and how I felt she treated me. It sounds like I'm talking about a girl but it is a metaphor about the record industry."

Montell Jordan's "Let It Rain" is slated for release Oct. 21.





0 comments