Singer Christina Milian has signed a new deal with MySpace Records, where she will release a new album in spring 2009, reports Billboard.com.

The first single from the impending album is "Us Against The World." It will make its worldwide premiere on MySpace.com on October 6, and be made available for digital purchase the following day. Click Here For More...

"I am so excited to be a part of the MySpace family," Milian told Billboard. "They represent the future of the music industry and for me as a musician, it's important to align myself with a label that allows me to be very much a part of the process. I wrote most of the record myself, worked with producers who I had a connection with and they (MySpace) have supported me as an artist every step of the way."

The singer worked with Madd Scientist on the lead single, while other production duties were handled by T-Pain, Cool & Dre, Jim Jonsin, Toby Gad and Danja. As far as guests, Kanye West is currently the only collaboration revealed, but Milian says there are some potential collaborative surprises coming.

Milian was previously signed to Def Jam, but left the label in 2006 a month after the release of her third studio album So Amazin'. It sold just 163,000 copies, resulting in her being dropped, rumors indicate.

Now, with a new deal in place, she sees the deal with MySpace as a fresh start.

"I have a lot of support from my peers. I have lots of people that love me and want the best for me," said Milian. "Sometimes things don't work out the right way, but I know I work my butt off on my end. As long as you know you worked hard, you feel accomplished. Thankfully, I took the time off to check out what's going on and now I'm back, and MySpace is allowing me to do tons of different things creatively."

In the meantime, Milian is still doing her acting thing. She is set to appear in the movie "The Ghosts of Girlfriends," starring Matthew McConaughey, in February, and is currently filming the latest installment of the "Bring It On" franchise.

0 comments