Mariah Carey Has Spoken

Thursday, July 24, 2008 | | 0 comments »

Mariah Carey has spoken out to nullify ongoing rumors of trouble in her marriage to Nick Cannon, declaring "life is beautiful".

The couple wed in the Bahamas in April after a whirlwind romance, but rumors of a rocky relationship began to surface earlier this month. Rapper/actor Cannon has already dismissed the claims, declaring that marriage is "the best thing that ever happened to me".

And now the Hero hit-maker has moved to put an end to the gossip, urging doubters to join the couple and "celebrate" their nuptials. She tells MTV.com, "(When I hear that) things are rocky and hazy and messed up... I'm like, 'Why would we have gotten married to do that?"

"People are going to say what they say, but what would be the purpose? I guess other people do those things for a purpose, but I don't know. I'm ecstatic, so be ecstatic with me! Be happy with me. Can we celebrate?"

0 comments